Counseling / Case Management
Crisis Center North is a counseling center, offering a wide range of programs that provide support for victims of domestic violence. Counseling and support services are also available to significant others such as friends, family members, and acquaintances of those impacted by domestic violence.
Dealing with the impact of abusive behavior, either currently or from the past, can be challenging. Any individual attempting to manage these issues may feel alone and may struggle in current relationships. Crisis Center North offers individual counseling to address safety, the effects of abuse, and to assist in achieving personal goals.
- Increase awareness through exploring yourself and relationships
- Build confidence and self-esteem
- Provide support while experiencing ongoing change
- Identify personal goals
Children's counseling at Crisis Center North focuses on safety planning, safe expression of emotion, and violence prevention. Our goal is to help children realize that they are not at fault and understand that they have the ability to lead violence-free lives.
All counseling services are free and provided by trained counseling staff.
Support GroupsSupport groups at Crisis Center North are available to those qualifying for the agency’s services. Topics vary, and support groups run though out the year. Contact the Center to receive more information on groups currently available.
Case ManagementCase management services at Crisis Center North are available to assist service recipients regain self-sufficiency and maintain safety. These services involve gaining access to donated tangible items, housing, education, and financial assistance.
- Employer/creditor interventions
- Relocation funds
- Emergency financial assistance for utilities
- Referral to victim compensation assistance
- Prison release notification
- Employment/job training
- Information and referral to other community resource providers
- Access to educational scholarships